Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY Bow Holder

Let's face it ... most girls like their accessories!!

When you have a girl you tend to acquire bows and hair clips of all different colors and shapes. For me, I wanted to display the collection instead of losing them in never never land.

My first instinct was to hit the information superhighway for a bow holding bargain. I didn't see too many I liked and I surely didn't want to pay for shipping when I could possibly DIM (Do It Myself). 

This is the final product ...


What you need:

Wooden frame
Acrylic Paint
Ribbon
Glue gun and glue
Sawtooth picture hanger and hammer and nail
Bows or hair clips

Here's what I did:

1. I bought the unfinished wood frame (originally made to showcase scrapbook pages) at Hobby Lobby. It cost ONLY 10 dollars, but I got it for SIX dollars with a coupon! (By the way, Hobby Lobby has an App with coupons -- all you have to do is show the cashier your phone). The ribbon and paint came from JoAnn's craft store.

2. I painted the frame with the acrylic paint I already had in my craft supplies (less than a dollar).

3. I cut the ribbon into 10 strips to fit the back of the frame.

4. I measured and marked the back of the frame to make sure my ribbon pieces would be placed evenly.

5. I glued the ribbon to the back of the frame (weaving the ribbon on top and below each other to create a basket weaving pattern).

6. Added the sawtooth picture hanger and ... wha-la ... easy peasy!




The total cost of this DIY (or DIM) project is 10 dollars or less (depending on what you already have in your craft supplies).

Enjoy!

Kathryn




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment