Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Decal Decor


I had a tough time finding a picture to match our bedspread (Simply Shabby Chic Floral Scroll Comforter from Target). I finally decided to make something instead of buying and hoping it would match. I found the below decal at Hobby Lobby on sale for $10.00 (originally $19.99). That was a steal, so I had to give it a go!! 

(Here's a hint for Hobby Lobby shoppers with smartphones ... if you search for Hobby Lobby coupon on your phone, all you have to do is show them your phone to get the code. You can usually find a 40% off coupon online! You can also get the Iphone app for Michaels and Joann's too -- you just show the cashier your phone ... no need for cutting coupons!)

Okay, back to getting the supplies. I took my pillow sham to Joann's and matched it with acrylic paint. I chose Apple Barrel PLAID Granite Gray (#21392). The 2 fl. oz. bottle cost less than $2.00 and I only used one. The canvas was on sale too ... I believe it was 40% off at Joann's. 

Directions: 
I painted the canvas with the acrylic paint several times and let it dry overnight. I then took the white acrylic paint that I already had in my craft supplies and painted the same pattern from my bedspread onto the canvas. I let it dry overnight and then added the rub-on decal (after cutting it into several pieces to make it fill the entire canvas).

TOTAL COST = Approximately $20.00 


I was so happy with how the painting matched our bedspread! Maybe Target will buy my painting (ha)!


Simply Shabby Chic Floral Scroll Comforter from Target


Final product on the wall -- don't forget to buy a sawtooth hanger (I already had some around the house).


Paint I used on the entire canvas

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment